Scandinavian Homes Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Scandinavian Homes Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31/5/23.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Address and postcode, for where you live and potentially where your project is located.
- House models you are interested in, or projects you have in mind.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may keep records of our interactions with you to help you with your project.
Your build project
We may use the information to provide you with assistance on your project. We do not share information about you externally to our organisation, unless you have specifically given us permission to do so (for example to amend a plan, to obtain estimates for building work, to arrange for a planning consultant to help with your project, etc.).
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you do not wish to receive this information, please ensure that you don’t tick the relevant box on our contact form. Also, if you wish to opt out of this at any time, our promotional emails have an unsubscribe option, leaving you fully in charge.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you about opportunities that may be of interest to you (such as potential building plots, or to see if we can help with your building project in any way). We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Comments on the website
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you are happy for us to send you useful information by email. If you do not tick this box, we will only contact you about your initial query and will not add you to our marketing database (which is only used to send out occasional email newsletters, containing information about what we offer, events we may be exhibiting at, and general information that is relevant to building your own home).
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Scandinavian Homes Ltd, Titan House, Titan Business Centre, Central Arcade, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 5DN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Scandinavian Homes Ltd, and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Scandinavian Homes Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Scandinavian Homes Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.